Call For Papers
CREATIVE TOURISM (Special Issue – 2020)
As tourists become more educated and skilled, they expect higher value from experiential activities at the destination. Accordingly, this value is increasingly dependent on application and development of personal creativity. Creative Tourism has emerged as a new form of tourism able to meet the expectations of creative tourists who desire to interact with the destination environment in a more participative way. In addition, destinations are facing worldwide competition and the need to reinvent or innovate tourism offerings is greater than ever. Thus, creative tourism is also being proposed as an opportunity for businesses and destinations to build uniqueness and differentiation based on singular local resources and heritage.
In this special issue of JSOD, researchers are challenged to address issues on creative tourism from both perspectives of demand and supply in order to uncover new paths for tourism research and practice.
Papers to include in this publication will thus focus preferably on (though not limited to):
- Sustainability of creative tourism businesses
- Creative experience design
- Creative destinations
- Creative tourist profile
- Networking for creative tourism
- Creative tourism and the co-creative tourist
- The creativity of tourism communities
- Linking culture and creative tourism
- Building distinctiveness through creative tourism
- The social impacts of creative tourism
- Psychological benefits of creative tourism
Abstracts and full articles should be submitted until July 31, 2019 to Guest Editor(s):
- Ana Cláudia Campos, PhD, Universidade Europeia/CinTurs: email@example.com
- Noel Scott, PhD, Griffith University, Griffith Tourism Institute: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles must follow the publication rules as presented in the Author Guidelines. Any comments or doubts should be sent to the guest editors.